Rise and take action
Whether you’re a seasoned marathoner, experienced trekker, an aspiring Elinor Barker, or starting Couch to 5k, raising funds for Cardiff Women's Aid is a great way to get fit, stay motivated, and achieve your goal!
What you’ll get
When you join the Rise and Take Action campaign, you'll get...
- A fundraising pack full of resources, hints and tips on how to maximise your fundraising, and fundraising resources.
- A Cardiff Women’s Aid technical t-shirt (when you raise a minimum sponsorship of £150)
- An invitation to our annual Thank You event.
- If you sign up to an Adventure Challenge, you’ll get a challenge medal, and some of your accommodation and travel for free! Please check your chosen challenge for details
You can also download one of our Money Boxes or our CWA bunting to help with your event. For more information on taking part in a challenge event in aid of Cardiff Women’s Aid, please email email@example.com.
FUNDRAISE AS YOU SHOP
You can generate free donations for Cardiff Women's Aid, at no extra cost to you, while doing your weekly shop, changing your energy provider, or treating yourself to something new!
We’re signed up to EasyFundraising, Give As You Live, and Amazon Smile. Click the buttons below to support Cardiff Women's Aid as you shop.
Ruth's Fundraising story
Ruth, one of Cardiff Women’s Aid’s volunteers, raised an incredible £613 in 2021 by running a cake and crafts sale. We spoke to Ruth to find out more:
"The event was a success on many levels, my mum and sister also played a key part in this success. Firstly, it was fantastic to be able to get together and have a good old fashioned chat. My mum and I had knitted loads of socks during lockdown and we had completed many many jigsaws throughout lockdown. We needed to put these to good use, so I decided to hold a coffee morning in my garden. The women who came were friends old and new, ex colleagues, and neighbours who were all enjoying a cuppa, cake and conversation. Refreshments were donated by Asda and Tesco. Everyone was very keen to support the wonderful work that CWA does and in total from tickets, sales of socks and jigsaws - we raised £613."
Franca's Fundraising Story
Franca started out fundraising for Cardiff Women’s Aid at the beginning of lockdown, by completing a 2.6 mile walk. This might not sound impressive to start with, until you find out that she did it on crutches with a broken foot. She was amazed by the generosity of so many people who believed in Cardiff Women’s Aid’s mission and who donated to her fundraiser, contributing to an impressive £1,630 total raised for Cardiff Women’s Aid!
Franca says “I chose to fundraise for Cardiff Women’s Aid due to the large rise in domestic violence cases that were reported throughout the pandemic.”
What your support could achieve
Cardiff Women's Aid are currently using funds in four main ways:
- In our emergency housing/refuge units to purchase beds, bedding, toiletries, and clothing.
- Providing women leaving the service with new accommodation supplies such as bedding and kitchenware.
- Refurbishing refuge units (paint, carpets, labour costs) so women are provided a safe and warm environment.
- Supplies for our aftercare and recovery activities including craft supplies and group work journals.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign up to our fundraising newsletter to keep up to date with all things fundraising at Cardiff Women’s Aid. It is a quarterly newsletter including upcoming campaigns, the impact your support has had, an overview of some of the great fundraising events you have put on and most importantly, an opportunity to thank you all for your continued support of women and children who have experienced abuse and violence in Cardiff. To stay up to date, click the link below and select 'fundraising'.
You can also check out our latest editions here
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator to ensure our fundraising is open, honest and legal.