I think I’m at risk of being imminently harmed by my perpetrator. Should I call you?2023-03-08T12:47:27+00:00

No. If you feel you are at imminent risk of being harmed or abused, call 999.
The police can refer you once it is confirmed you are no longer in danger.

I’m not sure if what I’m experiencing counts as domestic abuse. Can I still call you?2023-03-08T13:07:51+00:00

Yes. Domestic violence can take on many different forms and we will always listen to survivors to understand how it has affected them personally, before providing advice and guidance.

If your query is complex, we can also put you in touch with other organisations if we feel their support could be complementary or more suitable.

You will never get in trouble with us for asking a question, so please get in touch if you’re in doubt.

I’m being subjected to practices that are common in my culture, but make me feel uncomfortable. Is this something you can help with?2023-03-08T13:42:42+00:00

Yes. We have a team of Black, Asian and/ or Minority Ethnic specialists who have a thorough understanding of violence against women in the context of different races, religions, cultures and communities.

We can support you if you have experienced or are at risk of experiencing honour-based violence, forced marriage and Female Genital Mutilation (also known as cutting, female circumcision, sunna, gudniin, halalays, tahur, megrez and/or* khitan).

I am dependent on my perpetrator. How can you help?2023-03-08T13:09:29+00:00

It’s not uncommon for survivors to find themselves in a position where they depend on some form of support from their perpetrator, such as financial aid, housing, child support or even as a carer for someone with a disability. Being dependent on another person does not mean you have to accept mistreatment or abuse. If you are able to reach out or have a trusted relative or GP reach out on your behalf, we can start providing support. We can listen to your experiences and advise you on what your options are, whilst taking into account what additional support you may need.

I have children with my perpetrator. Can I still leave?2023-03-08T13:10:27+00:00

Yes. If you are experiencing domestic violence and/ or sexual abuse, and are concerned about your children witnessing and/ or being subjected to this, please let us know about this when you contact us so we can provide appropriate support.

We can find you a suitable space in refuge or housing for mums and their children. We can guide and support you through the Family Court process and provide specialist for your children themselves.

Won’t you just tell me to leave my perpetrator?2023-03-08T13:11:49+00:00

No. Relationships where violence and abuse are involved are often complex, and we understand that just ending the relationship is not always possible. We will always listen to you, your feelings and your experiences before giving you advice and we will never force you to do something you are not comfortable with.

Go to Top